Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Leaving Your Child Unattended

I admit to sometimes turning my back on J. Yeah, yeah, go ahead - judge. But it happens. Plus she learned to lock her bedroom door, which is awesome and not scary at all as I try to turn the knob and can't get in, wondering what the eff she is doing. So we are getting to that point where I just can't watch her every second. Well, maybe we have been there since oh, October 8, 2006.

Annnnyyyyyyywwwwwwaaaaaayyyyy, J wanted to do her own hair one day. Not a problemo as I don't do a very good job with her hair myself. So I handed her the basket of clips and hair ties. I turned my back and here is the result.





Another popular activity for when I am not paying attention is playing pranks on me. The current hilarioso prank is "hide the snake" (totally unrelated to the Ride the Snake Club from college). Basically this is how it goes: (1) J hides a snake (she has a shockingly large collection of snakes) and (2) I find it and "freak out" while she laughs. Examples below. The snake used in the pictures below was purchased by justsomeguy for J in Mexico during our infamous funship cruise and loves quite candlelight dinners, cuddling, world travel (obviously) and napping in between the pillows on the couch. Just in case you were curious about the snake's interests and background. (Yes, I read alot of personals...shut it.)


4 comments:

Sharon--from Houston said...

At least she's only using hair clips and not cutting her hair behind locked doors :)

Anonymous said...

The first time I read this I was focused on the results of the hair-styling.

The second time I read this I laughed out loud at the snake's personal interests. Good one.

Anonymous said...

that was my comment (megan). the brilliant one.

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

love the hair! sort of reminds me of braids. And, so happy to see that the snake is still alive and well. Perhaps it's time for another funship cruise??