Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two Posts Today - Just call me an overachiever

Auntie L came over this week to make a gingerbread house with J. Perhaps to make up for teaching J the pete and repeat joke? Anyway, J saw the box and said "this is going to be a masterpiece." Two minutes later I was reading the back of the Williams Sonoma box and it said something like "create a masterpiece with your children." Did she read the word masterpiece from the box? Unlikely, but still a weird coincidence. I never heard her use that word before.

The construction begins


And then J went to put on a gum drop in an overloaded spot, so I said that that place was full and she could eat it. She does, then promptly picks up another, informs me that there is no room for it on the house and that she better eat it...slick little boo.


Here is the finished product vs. how it was supposed to look. I guess this is what you get when you subcontract out the work....

1 comment:

Megan Dempsey said...

SOOOO CUTE! I would literally pay to make a gingerbread house with you, Auntie L and J. What a super fun activity!