Monday, September 22, 2008

A Few Things I Don't Understand.....


(1) Why kids like to go to the office. J enjoys it and I did when I was little. I guess it is fun to see where your parents spend their day, or to play with new office supplies. My office even has snacks, which J loves. She also loves to go into people's offices and annouce to them that they are working - "hi, you working." It is a statement, not a question. She is a two foot tall boss.


(2) John Mayer, the singer/songwriter. He is all tatted up, seems to break the hearts of pretty successful women left and right, and yet sings that song about fathers being good to their daughters and "Your body is a wonderland."


(3) Men who think they could do better than the woman they are in a relationship with and why they think I would be sympathetic. I am not.


(4) Why I sincerely want to go on "The Biggest Loser." I think I want to spend a few weeks concentrating on nothing other than trying to get into the best shape I could be in.


(5) Why my X's girlfriend would even want to come to a birthday party I am throwing for J when (a) X is throwing a separate one and (b) everyone there hates her. I don't even care because there is no way she has the guts to show up.


(6) How I somehow broke my Outlook email within one day of switching from Lotus Notes so that now I cannot attach documents from my firm's document repository.


No comments: