Friday, November 14, 2008

A sad goodbye....



As some of you may know, when X and I started dating, I got a cat. I named him Guido and he kept me company as X ignored me and ran around cheating on me. He also stayed with me while I labored in my room by myself before having Jillian. He let me pet him and didn't freak out as the contractions came. He was a good friend.

Guido died yesterday in his sleep. No one knows what happened. I am saddened by this, obviously, but also because I lost Guido in the divorce so I haven't seen him much over the past two years. He lived with X and because I could not stand being near X, I never saw Guido. When I went to X's house to get J or drop her off, I never stayed long enough to spend some time with Guido because of the awfulness of being around X. So I didn't get to say goodbye to my buddy.

So tonight, raise your glasses to my good buddy Guido. Even if you are that person who hates cats.

4 comments:

Bizarley said...

that is very sad... it's a bad week for pets -- baby owie's mom lost her dog thursday. i'm sad for both of you.

TA said...

Oh, sad! Guido was a cutie. :(

Amy said...

oh no!!! I'm that person who hates cats, most of them anyway, but I'm still sorry about this. :(( Guido looks like a pretty cool guy.

EMC2 said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the world is minus one cool cat. Farewell, sweet Guido.