Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Tale of Two Saturdays


Here is what Jillian did on Saturday. Compared to what I did. She went to the mall with my parents while I had the pleasure of going to work to draft an opposition to a cross-motion for summary judgment. I know, I know, I am one lucky girl. Without my supervision, Jillian convinced my mom to (1) give her soda (apparently she didn't like it) and (2) take her to the Disney Store. Effin' princesses.

That is when things went down hill in terms of our princess consumption. Somehow they left the Disney Store with a full-out Cinderella dress and glass slippers that are "up shoes"* and light up with each step. I think the total cost was upwards of $50. Seriously, Disney is a marketing machine. Then they got a Phillies t-shirt. I think that was about $8. Go Phillies! Or as J says "YEAH PHILS!! REPEAT!"

Anyway, I came home after a solid 6 billable hours (work has seriously picked up) and Jillian was sitting in a Cinderella dress, being a princess, while playing with a princess castle. And I was jealous.

*J's term for high heels.

2 comments:

Megan Dempsey said...

I like those glass "up shoes." Will J be a princess for halloween? Or is that getting too close to every day now given the extent of her new princess getup? Thank God for grandparents, eh?

EMC2 said...

I was trying to explain the insanity of the Disney Princesses franchise to my mom. She started reminiscing about how much I loved Snow White and Cinderella and how much I wanted to be SW for Halloween at age 3. (A lot.) And how she hand made the PERFECT SW costume for me and I gave apples to everyone and ended up wearing the dress to shreds over the next year. That's when I interrupted her to explaint that Disney Princesses has become a conglomeration of the individual (qualifying) princesses and there is a mirror that tells you that you look like "royalty" or are "so beautiful." She said, "oh, dear."

But I guess we can be thankful at least for the premade costumes, right? Because no one I know is going to bust out their sewing table and make a princess dress to specs.

Regardless, J looks adorable and trails glitter wherever she goes and it is AWESOME!