Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers' Day

I actually had a good weekend this weekend. Played two soccer games and then had drinks with the team. Then it was Mothers' Day, a holiday I kind of dread. But this one was probably the best one yet. First, J decided that she needed to line up all her shoes and discuss them:


Then J, my mom, dad and I went to the Art Museum for brunch. None of us had ever been there and it is actually totally awesome. So we decided to become members. And pose on the steps, modified Rocky-style.


J was really funny at the museum. She had to carry a purse, of course, and her own map. Once she realized that I could read descriptions to her regarding what she was looking at, I had to read all of them. Here she is asking me to explain a painting that had an image of God in red tones, looking down on the Crucifiction "Mommy who is that red guy?"


Finally, she decided that she would just read them herself.


Happy Mothers' Day to everyone out there, Moms, moms-to-be and those who help out Moms....

1 comment:

Megan Dempsey said...

WOW she has a lot of shoes already!!!!! Not that I am surprised. But that is just a hilarious picture. She looks so smug and satisfied.

Glad it was a fun weekend! And, the Art Museum is awesome! You will be glad you joined.