Monday, March 3, 2008

Kickin' it Old School


This weekend, because I had so much work to do, I had to go home to NJ so that my parents could watch J while I worked. Apparently, for the past 30 years, they have saved a collection of toys that I used to play with. They brought these out for J to try out. Here she is shoving a fence into an old school barn.

You will also note in the background a cash register circa 1979, and a "happy apple" that has long since been taken from the market due to ridiculously pointy leaves. Despite the dangers of the happy apple, I had two because I loved it so much. Oh how I long for the days when a smiling, fat, round apple that made noise when you shook it was enough to make me happy.

Missing from the picture is the chomping Mickey of death - a Mickey mouse that has a string one can pull to make Mickey's mouth chomp up and down while saything pithy things. Man we had it good when we were kids!
Oh and an update on Noah of a few posts ago (who has a plastic white beard). Jillian handed him to me the other day and said "Santa." So any attempted secret religious education by my parents is clearly not taking.

2 comments:

Megan Dempsey said...

That baby is almost not even a baby these days!!! I can't believe how cute and big she looks. I want to come play with baby J!!!!!! Soon. When you are in the new house!

TA said...

I totally had that barn AND that cash register! I still sometimes miss the Fisher-Price parking garage we got to play with at my Gram's house. Mmm, toys.