Monday, October 20, 2008

Update

So last year when the Phillies made the playoffs, this is what I did.

This year, the email read like this:

"As most of you know, our Phillies will play a pivotal game against the LA Dodgers tomorrow night. If the Phils win, they will advance to the World Series for the first time in 15 years.

To show our support, you are invited to wear Phillies attire tomorrow. Please keep in mind that you must remain tasteful about your appearance. Certain clothing, such as jeans and sweat pants, are not appropriate.

Go Phillies."

(emphasis added). Jeans specifically prohibited unlike last year where jeans were not specifically prohibited and was the one dumb ass who wore them. This year, I didn't wear Phillies gear at all, wasn't even going to risk it.

In other news, J came to my house from her dad's with an Obama action figure. She was shouting "my Obama!" When I asked her who Obama was she said "the president."

Also, she informed me that she was "Super Jilly." I hope to take a picture of Super Jilly and will post it, but as with all super heros, Super Jilly tries to keep a low profile.

6 comments:

Bizarley said...

How does one wear sports attire and not pair it with jeans? Do they expect you to wear a freaking Phillies jersey with a pencil skirt and heels? WTF?

DJSassafrass said...

Haha! that comment kills me because as I was reading, I was thinking the same thing. Slacks with your t-shirt...no.

DJSassafrass said...

Haha! that comment kills me because as I was reading, I was thinking the same thing. Slacks with your t-shirt...no.

mu-galto said...

I know right? Like a red phillies t-shirt under your pants suit? Redonkulous.

I will say that some people did go red turtleneck under a phillies jersey. I however do not own a red turtleneck or a phillies jersey. Oh well.

mu-galto said...

oh and pants, red turtle neck, phillies jersey and black pants.

my omission reminds me of something suggested by another friend, if the opportunity arises, I am going with Phillies shirt (oversized) and no pants. That'll show them.

EMC2 said...

Several at my office were rockin' the suit, red tie, and Phillies hat cobmo. Today is our Phillies day, so I'll let you know if I see any one sporting the jersey-as-dress.