Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A swing and a miss...


Yesterday, I got the following email, which was sent to the entire firm:

"All lawyers and staff are permitted (and encouraged) to wear Phillies attire to the office tomorrow, unless client meetings or court appearances prevent you from doing so. (no sweatpants, please)

Go Phillies!"

So, since I am a sports fan in general, and know that Philly needs a win in some professional sport (last national title - 1983 76ers), today I got up put, on a Phillies t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers and headed to work. Of course, I was psyched to wear jeans as much as the Phillies attire.

I get to work and I swear I am the ONLY PERSON in jeans and the ONLY ATTORNEY in "Phillies attire." I totally thought that everyone would be all over this opportunity. But I guess my firm is more uptight than I originally thought. Did I read the email wrong...I figured "no sweatpants" meant anything but sweatpants, i.e. jeans. That goodness I scrapped my original plan of coming in dressed as the Phanatic....

And today is a lunch for our new first years, which I am supposed to go to. I am not sure if I will now. I will probably just sit in my office all day, ashamed to show my Phillies pride. Kind of like when bizarley bought me a henious thermal shirt that said "CHILL CHILL CHILL" and dared me to wear it to law school for a day, pretending that it was fashionable (in Lexington, I was considered somewhat fashionable). I got a lot of work done that day, because I just hid where no one could see me. Except I got called on in Torts II and had to deal with her cracking up as I uncomfortably answered questions about design defects in that awful shirt.

3 comments:

Bizarley said...

That is hysterical!

I heard Marc Jacobs just designed a knock-off version of the Chill, Chill, Chill shirt.

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

I had forgotten about the CHILL, CHILL, CHILL shirt.

I can't believe you are the only one ... that is so hilarious. Do people think you are staff?

mu-galto said...

People do think I am staff, for at least the following reasons: (1) I leave every day at 5pm, (2) I generally dress inappropriately, and (3) I am the only one who does things like wear Phillies attire on the appropriate day. Once I checked my blackberry in the lobby and the security guard asked me, incredulously, if I was an attorney because he thought I was a secretary.

I don't mind though.

That CHILL CHILL CHILL day was one of the longest of my law school career.