Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Class of 2013

Jillian got into pre-school! I didn't think that I would ever be so happy over something that seems so inherently obnoxious and yuppie - we had to apply, interview, and all that. Crazy. But it is a good school and a block from my house (remember I am lazy, so I will do one interview for years of convenience).

So J is a member of the class of 2013 (she has to go for 4 years because she got in as a not yet 3 year old). We got a letter in a big envelope just like colleges send out.

Now I just have to scrounge up the $9,000/year it costs to go there. Yeah that's right. 9 grand. A year.

So here is J displaying some of her intellectual fortitude. And for the record, she has been able to do this for many months - again I am lazy and haven't video taped it until now.

Oh and in other news, I was away at a week long training for work and she left me a message in which she informed me that (1) she does not have a princess dress and needs one, (2) she needs a crown, and (3) she needs glass slippers. And I have a job interview on Friday. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck with job interview, and with the princess situation. Be thankful for the Philly pre-K market. In O-town, preschool runs $14k, before the "aftercare" that runs from 3 til 6. Oh, and the private kindergarten? That'll be costing us about $19k, if we choose that route, and yes, that's pre-"aftercare". "Acceptance letters" don't go out til mid-March, and if they deign to accept us, we have to make a deposit within a week.

A neo-vaudeville circuit, where we pimp our kids for the entertainment nickels of the masses, is sounding pretty inviting, isn't it? J is on her way....

mu-galto said...

Um, holy crap. That is pricy - I thought $9K was bad (it is for 5 days a week from 8-11:45 so we will be keeping the nanny).

J is prepared to join the neo-vaudeville circuit to pay for her own education. We can have a coast to coast tour.

Bizarley said...

CUTE!!! I can't wait for her to come to H-town!! And good luck!

Aunt A said...

Good luck on the job interview!!! I can't wait to see you both in H-town. I'm inviting myself!

Jenny said...

Congratulations to you and Baby J (or is it Big Girl Genius J?), and good luck with the job interview!