Saturday, March 13, 2010

Like Sands Through the Hour Glass

So are the days of our lives....only mine is not worthy of a tv show. There are no evil twins, secret pregnancies that end in a baby being stolen, and no Stefano DeMuro.

Today is the Erin Express, a Philly tradition and an complete drunken debacle. It also marks my three year anniversary of living here. I can't believe it has been three years, yet at the same time, it feels like I have been here forever. J is alot bigger, I have a new job, I have more bad dates under my belt, I worry about my parents more, but other than that - still a lawyer, still single, still basically the same.

I have two divorced friends, who have been separated/divorced for about the same length of time that I have been. They will both be getting married this year. I have yet to enjoy myself on a third date.

In fact, the last date I went out on was a third date. This is how it ended - I get in a cab, he follows me, I say that is ok, he gets in anyway, I try to pay for the cab, he won't let me (he wouldn't let me pay for anything over the course of the three dates and was kind of flashy about money while at the same time condescending about it), I informed him that my money was good and that I had a job, cab stops I get out and say I am fine, he starts to get out, I push him back into the cab and said "don't" then I walked to my house.

Needless to say, we were not making any love pies.

Sigh. Everyone keeps saying that it will get better. I guess I will just keep waiting. Until I am in a nursing home by myself hoping J visits.

I apologize for the lack of postings lately. I have been swamped at work. I have not seen my office in two weeks because I have been traveling and I am so exhausted I don't know what to do. Which is a bummer because I like blogging and I don't want to lose the few readers I have!

4 comments:

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

Still following! Sorry about the bad third date . . . at least it's a good story!

Bizarley said...

i am still here, too!

Angie said...

I'm a loyal single gal follower! I check probably DAILY!!!

I went on ONE date with an eharmony guy who had a tattoo SLEEVE and was married twice before. Um. Yeah, HE NEVER CALLED ME BACK. What. the?! What's wrong with ME? I would have totally gone on date number 2 with him too!

If only you lived here...we could find these awesome guys together. :)

rockstarjenny said...

I'm here! and you should submit it to that worst date ever blog. at least it is good for that.