Monday, June 18, 2007

Love Pies in Boston


When I was little, and my middle sister littler, we used to tease each other about everything including boys (who at the time were all infected with cooties). Part of this was writing things like LG + BF and drawing a heart around it. My sister, I guess from all of her intense math training (haha) figured that since we used a "+" sign we had to also use an "=". So what would my initials plus JK's (the only boy she knew of in my class) equal? The logical answer, a love pie.

So yes, my sister tried to tease me by writing "MG + JK = a love pie". Needless to say it didn't succeed in embarrassing me, but rather cracked me up.

Spending some time with my sister a few weeks ago has brought the love pie phrase back into use. But what does that have to do with Boston?

Well, this weekend I went to Boston to watch two friends get married. They were so happy and cute, it was clear that they had made a love pie. So congratulations to J and L and best of luck.

It was a great weekend hanging out with friends, testing the limits of a GSP equipped phone (which I swear told me to go faster at one point), and not eating Dunkin' Donuts despite the fact that there is one every 10 feet in the greater Boston area.

And now, a picture of Jillian trying to steal from her grandma. Little does she know that all she has to do is ask and that grandma will give her anything.

No comments: