Monday, August 20, 2007

Harrummphhh


New twist to dating as a single mom...meeting the family and bringing along your baby. I went to a family function with NB (new boy) that happened to be a family reunion. Not sure why I didn't think this through before going - but if you go somewhere that involves people seeing each other for the first time in ohh, 10 to 15 years, it probably isn't best to bring some chick and her 10 month old. I got so many comments - "I didn't know NB had a baby!" "I didn't know NB was married!" "That baby has NB's last name written all over her!" (ummmm....not so much).

But she is so cute, that I get why they would want to claim her.

It all worked out fine. We had a good time, Jillian enjoyed some guacamole and a cupcake (I had two cupcakes, because I can't stop myself). The family is Irish, so there was plenty of booze. By the end of the night I could have been anyone. Whiskey will do that.

Besides, his family is fun. They loved Jillian and we had a good time. It was good to see that family is something important to NB as MSTBX never seemed to feel that way.

1 comment:

Bizarley said...

i also like to wear my hair that way when i am feeling sassy.