Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Garbage Cake - YUM!




Today at work someone put out these little holiday cakes that reminded me of one of my favorite holiday foods, the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Snack Cake, pictured above. I love these cakes so much that I once ate one out of a garbage can. This is a true story, and goes alittle something like this.

During finals in law school different groups had to provide snacks each night. Oh and we liked to go to a gas station to load up on further snacks, such as hot chocolate from a machine (which I love), Mr. Pibb, scratch off lottery tickets, and the occasional cigarette. I am not sure where bizarley, justsomeguy and I got our snacks on this fateful night,* but bizarley wound up with a Christmas Tree Snack Cake and I didn't. Not sure how. Some of you may know this, but bizarley hates baked goods (noting of course that donuts are fried), which also lends itself to the absurdity of this story.

So she takes one bite of the snack cake, says "gross" and throws it in the trash, in fairness not knowing my love of the snack cake. I think about it for a second or two, discuss it with them, and decide that I am going to take that snack cake out of the trash and eat it. Which I did. I think they were slightly mortified. I didn't care - it was delicious. And I would do it again.

Oh and if you were wondering what kind of student does this, I graduated magna cum laude. Crazy, I know.

You may also be wondering why I am back posting almost on back to back days. I had a big case settle and with the holidays looming I am not in a rush to get more work. Somehow though, I think the work will find me.

Since I know the pull of this blog is cute baby pictures, here is a random one of a cold, yet still cute, baby. She has her first cold, at age 14 months. That is a pretty hardy baby. She has also learned to jump and say bracelet. She has quite a hodgepodge, to quote JEOPARDY!, of tricks.

*TFry may have been there too, but she may also have been in the hall practicing her gymnastics moves. She can do a split y'all!!

6 comments:

Bizarley said...

That is not NEARLY as gross as when you at that pickle off of a stranger's used room service tray in Austin. At least you knew where that baked good came from!

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

I miss finals!! I think I purchased that cake for bizarley as a joke since she allegedly hates baked goods, even though we all know, in secret, she loves them. i would kill for one of those cakes right now. might have to make a little debbie stop on the way home.

Megan Dempsey said...

I would like to pinch that chubby baby's cheeks in that puffy outfit!!! That's perhaps her cutest picture yet. The draw might be that it's only in the 40s in San Francisco and I am sitting in my freezing, unheated apartment, and I am a little jealous of how bundled and warm Baby J looks!

mu-galto said...

I totally forgot about eating that pickle. I have no standards.

Andrea said...

A parlor trick of mine and Brook's was to eat chewed food out of eachother's mouths when we were in college, so the pickle thing just sounds appetizing.

mu-galto said...

In the interest of full disclosure, I ate that pickle about 2 months ago. At age 30 and the mother of a one year old.

Best role model EVER.