Friday, January 2, 2009

2009, It Has To Be Better Than 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 . . .


Right? That is what I have told myself each year for the past couple of years. And yet it never really comes true. 2008 sucked for reasons that were different than those that caused 2007 to suck, but it still was a tough year nonetheless. "Sucked" is a bit harsh, and yes I have J and all that, I am fully aware of what is good in my life.

That is why this year, I am going to try to focus on what is good and not what is "missing." That is, lose the grass is always greener attitude. I have a good life. And as Slim Charles says "that's the thing about the old days, they the OLD days...." so it is time to move on, leave the old days, the good and the bad behind me.

Apparently, I am also going to continue to be an effin' cliche.....I kind of hate myself for writing this hokey bs, but maybe it is part of trying to live it? Maybe I feel rushed to write this post because the picture is really cute and appropriate only now, not a week from now, and I don't feel like writing so this is what the result is? A crappy post overall?

It doesn't really matter - because I want to wish everyone a happy new year, from J and I - A toast to 2009!

1 comment:

Bizarley said...

happy new year! 2009 is already looking up because we have brit brit on the horizon!!!