Sunday, August 2, 2009

Difficult

is the nicest word I can think of to describe my child this weekend. Right now I am listening to her scream at the top of her lungs instead of going to bed. She was bad this afternoon* and I told her that if she didn't stop doing something bad, one of the 1,000 bad things she did today, I wasn't going to read her a bed time story. She didn't stop, so I am not reading a story and she is having an absolute fit. It breaks my heart to hear her screaming, but I cannot have her continue to act as poorly as she did today.

And it is not the first time today I have listened to her scream at the top of her lungs today.

Some of this behavior is likely my fault. I have had a short fuse with her lately, I have been busy at work, tired, lonely, and my diamond stud earrings went missing. She is a great kid, so I feel bad. I don't know how much of it was my fault, likely 95%, but it has been a rough weekend for the most part.

I just want it to be over.

So that it can all happen again tomorrow.

*we were supposed to go to a birthday party but the main highway through Philly was CLOSED. By the time we got out of the backed up traffic because of the closure we would have gotten to the party about 1.5 hours late. So we didn't go. I felt bad so I told J we could make cookies. So we did - chocolate chip from scratch. I am trying, really I am.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I feel you. What else is there to do? If you don't stick to your guns, you may actually end up feeling worse later. You are a good mom. We use bedtime stories as leverage too.