Monday, September 17, 2007

BPN Can't Even Help . . . I give up!



This weekend I got some of my favorite substance - baby poop - on my favorite cream colored cashmere hoodie. I immediately thought to google "getting baby poop out of cashmere" to see what I should do - perhaps club soda? water? blot? nothing? - until I could get to the dry cleaners.

In the past, every time I googled something related to babies one of the top three results was always something from the Berkeley Parents' Network. Someone in the greater bay area always had something to say about whatever it was I was looking for, back pain, child birth classes, kick counts, everything.

The BPN, however, let me down when it came to the care of cashmere. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as more popular topics are obtaining raw milk, sharing a goat for milking purposes, and vegan organic baby clothes. And dare I say that the poop at issue had leaked out of a disposal diaper! The BPN would probably shun the question based on that fact.

In other news, baby J went to visit her great grandma and proceeded to steal great grandma's walker. Jillian ran around the large visiting room of the nursing home using the walker. It was hilarious. She loved it. I let it continue until it was "movie time" and all the residents rolled down to watch the movie and attack my kid with well-intentioned, but uninvited, attention. Nothing against old folks, but I didn't want everyone touching her. Plus, with her running around cattywompus with a walker one of them could have broken a hip or something.

No comments: