Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Just a Taste....

Here is a little flavor as to how the divorce is going (keeping in mind that I did not file for fault divorce based on Adultery and Indignities, as I could have. I just filed for Mutual Consent Divorce):

My pleading for support: "Defendant is required to provide reasonable support of the children..."

His counterclaim for support: "Wife has FAILED to provide support sufficient for the child to maintain the lifestyle established during the marriage." (emphasis added)

Keep in mind we are both attorneys, so we he reviewed and verified his counterclaim, he knew what he was saying. And that it was a lie. I have in no way failed to support my child. I pay the expenses for her care outright and he has to reimburse me. Although every month he fights me on the amount. Anyway, this is just an example of how he is handling the divorce. In a confrontational, antagonistic way. You would think that after everything he would let some opportunities to be a complete dick slide by.

And I realize that some of you may be concerned that I am posting this, but it is technically a matter of public record. You could go to the court and pull the complaint and answer with new matter and read them yourself. You could find out on your own about my alleged failures as a mother.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's ludicrous, but technically it's true. Baby J ain't in utero anymore. Isn't that the "lifestyle to which she was accustomed" during the marriage? Oh, you also aren't making her live in a completely tense, awful and drama-filled nightmare where her dad sleeps in the living room. So, yeah, technically, he's right.