Monday, April 21, 2008

Bad Ass Tutu


M visited last week and brough J this hilarious tutu. At the end of the day she likes to put it on, watch Barney and have a cocktail (read water in a sippy cup). When I come home, she informs me that she has on a tutu, is watching Barney, and drinking water. Oh and yes, that is a Penn t-shirt. I bought it about three weeks ago at J-Bux's book reading on campus. Judge me if you want, but I don't think it is pretentious to have one Penn t-shirt. Plus, she is totally going there. :)


We move to the new house tomorrow, which is exciting and hectic. Since I can't take much time off, mostly because I want to take multiple vacations this summer, I have scheduled the movers, cable guy, carpet estimate guy, and new furniture delivery person all on the same day. To be successful, I have had to assemble an all-star team comprised of Auntie L, Grandma, Pop-pop, Super nanny and myself to handle it all. Failure is not an option.

In other news, went to my five year law school reunion a weekend ago and that was really fun. J went in a moon bouncer and loved it. That child has no fear. The other "little kid" (they had to clear out all the big kids for us to go in) cried the whole time. Whereas my child not only loved it, but every time I turned around she was running to it trying to climb in. Then she stole someone's cookie. And showed a pregant lady her belly. Nice. Thanks to justsomeguy for all his help during the weekend. It was fun to play family for a while, instead of haggard mom and daredevil child trying not to lose our shit.
Don't worry, there was plenty of time for big beers at Salerno's (MAN those beers are BIG), a crappy dinner hosted by the school at Sheridan Livery (drank lots of wine to compensate), and one walking while intoxicated arrest. Good times.

1 comment:

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

Love the tutu! Had such a great time hanging out with you and playing with J. We need to plan more weekends!