Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nine

That is the number of pairs of shoes I have under my desk. Nine pairs. And if I add up how much they collectively cost, well, you know what I am not even going to go there. With the student lending industry caving in, I don't want to think about J not getting to go to college (read Penn) because of some Gucci suede pumps (read GORGEOUS shoes).

Not sure why I am thinking about this today, given the the other things going on in the world. PA primaries were yesterday, moved into the new house, gas prices are out of control, the salad I like at Cosi has 720 calories and 68 grams of fat, I cry ever time MSTBX picks up J with that stupid, f'in, cowardly girlfriend of his, a bear killed its trainer, masturbation may lessen risk of prostate cancer, I finally watched Juno and actually didn't like it (more on that later), etc., etc.

Sometimes I wish my brain would stop its constant frolicking and detouring.

No comments: