Sunday, April 27, 2008

Targeted Attacks


Today was a big upacking and organizing day, so it necessarily involved a trip to Ikea. Ikea is a great place for kids to get some energy out (which I learned from St. Scobie - muchas gracias). They can run around, climb on things, while supervised of course, and at the end get chicken nuggets for a dollar. We skipped lunch today to make it before the crowds and did just a sneak attack to get toy organizers, a kids' play table, and some bath mats. In and out.
Then we hit Lowes. Garbage can, mop, and picture hangers. In and out.

Later some Trader Joes. Carrots, cereal, juice, and flowers. In and out.

I feel like we got a lot done today and that I deserve to sit for a minute. So I will sit, but not chill out like J in the picture above. No, I will research the issues related to the federal courts' subject matter jurisdiction over foreign purchasers of a foreign company's stock on foreign exchanges. Don't hate because you are watching tv, reading, hanging with your kids, or doing something less fun. We can't all get lucky every night.

I realize that this post is a total snooze-fest, but my brain is not functioning. In the spirit of the wisdom St. Scobie passed on to me, here are some parenting tips. (1) Trying to put together Ikea furniture with a 1.5 year old is hard. While they like to try to help, you can imagine what their help looks like. (2) If you have a room with nothing in it, blow up an air mattress and stick it in there. It is like a homemade moon bounce. (3) Always carry a deck of cards with you. It helps keep them entertained while learning numbers. (4) If you are ever invited to a birthday party that features a live Elmo, you should go.

Man I am boring.

No comments: