Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Anniversary

Today is my now-defunct wedding anniversary. And a good sign is that I forgot until this moment, compared to last year where I remembered all the days leading up to it, the whole actual day of it, got drunk in front of my parents friends, watched M landshark a guy (which was fun, and I would do any day), and continued to drink at a dive bar to the point where my dad had to come pick us up. So I think that is growth, right?

Anyhoo, these are the things that are on my mind:
1) Idaho is really far west. For some reason, I always thought it was in the middle of the country but it is pretty far over. Go elementary school geography.
2) Circuit City is advertising that people should make their tax return checks go further at, you guessed it, Circuit City. This makes me angry. There are absolutely no essential goods at Circuit City, the economy is going south, people can't afford gas, food prices are increasing, and many folks are just bad with money (lots of debt), especially when it comes to stupid things like HDTVs or the latest cell phone. I am being an ass, I know, but I get angry at companies irresponsible marketing practices. I know that it is their job to make a buck, but at the same time we would all be better off if people saved their money.
3) X bought a new house and it is filthy. I am not sure what to do about this because J has to stay there. It really is gross. I guess the girlfriend doesn't clean. I know he doesn't.
4) J and I are going on vacation next week. Woohoo! We went to the zoo on Monday and she rode a pony. It was awesome.
5) I am waiting for pictures from bizarley's wedding so that I can tell you all about it.
6) I will probably go see the sex and the city movie, despite my hating the show.
7) It is the year anniversary of this blog, I think.

Happy hump day all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith, this is Kyle, Your hot roommie from Nancy's wedding. I have read every single word on your blog from this year and last. Your little girl is PRECIOUS! How X could leave her is unbelievable. You make so many accurate descriptions about your situations, judge-y married couples, and how X is against anything mainstream (I guess that included traditional marriage and supporting a family and honoring vows.. wow.. he is so progressive!).
You hang in there! I, for one, think you are fabulous! Your prince charming will come... there might be some frogs first, but he will eventually get to you!

TA said...

M, dear, your comments re Circuit City sound positively like they come from a Democrat! Just saying.

J continues to be the most adorable thing ever.

I hope you come visit DC this summer!