Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day

Today has been a weird day. J was baptized and I had to deal with X's family and dumb ass girlfriend. I managed not to kill anyone, but none of them burst into flames upon entering the church, which was surprising. I mean, where is the wrath? And it is mothers' day, which seems to be a difficult "holiday" for me. But we celebrated with a delicious lunch for close friends and family. Thanks to all for coming out.

Oh and J did a good job. She informed the priest that she did, in fact, denounce satan and all his works, but also tried to blow out her baptismal candle, shouting "I wanna blow it!" throughout the ceremony.

I have spend about twenty minutes trying to write a good transition sentence for here....but I seem to be failing. Something about how we are many times reminded of difficult times or challenges during happy occasions. But I can't. I am not the writer among us. So anyway, here is a column in the NYT by none other than J-Bux. Today I am proud of her, all my friends that took the time out of their Sunday to spend with us, my family for travelling to Philly for today, and J.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/fashion/11love.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5070&en=493559e65228929d&ex=1211083200&emc=eta1

No comments: