Monday, May 5, 2008

Feliz Cinco de Mayo

One of the things that I miss about being married is the nights when I would come home from work on a week night and MSTBX and I would decide to go out to dinner, just for fun, instead of eating what we had in the house. Or when he would email to see if I wanted to meet up. For some reason, it just seemed like a treat. And it was nice to go out and spend time with someone after work. Granted, this didn't happen that often. Perhaps that is why it felt special.

Anyway, I miss that. So today, after purchasing J $78 shoes for her baptism* we went out to get Mexican food for cinco de mayo. While I love spending time with her, and she loves quesadillas, sometimes I wish I had some adult company. Adult company that was obligated to take care of her as much as I am. It is weird to think that I never went out to eat with MSTBX and J. Maybe once, but that is about it.

So I guess that this is a long winded way of saying I am a bit lonely. Now that it is getting nice out and the days are longer, I would like someone to spontaneously see if I would like to go for ice cream, take a walk, or something. That is what I miss.

That all being said - here is a poll. Should I try online dating? In the interest of full disclosure, I tried it about this time last year (my loneliness and desire to do something about it is apparently seasonal) for about a week. Then I chickened out and took my profile down. So should I give it a real go again? It does kind of bug me out.

In other news, J peed in the potty multiple times today. We have had the potty only one day, so this is promising. I know, I should definitely put that in any online dating profile I make. It really is amazing that men are not knocking my door down.

*I needed cute white socks for her as well. The woman handed me a pair and I looked at the price - $30!!!! FOR ONE (that is right ONE, UNO) PAIR OF SOCKS!!! FOR A TODDLER!!!! Are you eff'in kidding me?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I say try it--worst case scenario, all you get out of it are humorous stories and/or a more nuanced appreciation of the human condition.

Bizarley said...

i have a solution to your dilemma: you should move to Houston. it also fulfills your need to take a bar exam every year.

you know you'd already have a job offer at that houston firm you work with. come on.... pleeeeeease!!!

Andrea said...

yes. it will either be lame or great, and either way you'll be pre-occupied. someday, maybe i will have the nerve to blog about my classified dating days (basically, pre-internet, how sad is that?)

DJSassafrass said...

I say put up a profile or you'll always be wondering if you shoudl have. besides, maybe just email flirting with someone will be a fun thing. It's not like you HAVE to go out with anyone...wait, you don't right?

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

DO IT! I found it kind of fun, and it's easy enough to delete the freaks. And, that's how I met D, so I guess I have to be a proponent.