Saturday, April 4, 2009

Houston, Texas Part I: The Zoo





Jillian and I spent last weekend visiting Houston Texas. When we were landing, J looked at me and shouted "we are landing, Houston Texas here we come!!" Everyone within three rows of us was laughing. It was definitely an awesome trip and I will share the highlights in a series of posts. So this is the first of a series - the Houston Zoo. THC really likes to see the monkeys.

Another famous blog baby - Emily V joined us, along with her parents. It was hilarious. At one point, Jillian turned to Emily and said "Emily, I love your cup." Apparently, Jillian really liked Emily's frog sippy cup. It was like me turning to bizarley and saying "I love your shoes." It warmed my heart.

Jillian and Bizarley were both afraid of the bats, TFry got some dippin' dots, and THC was nice enough to put J on his shoulders so she could see the sea lion show. But then we told her she had plumber's butt (her underwear was showing) and she freaked. She HATES plumber's butt and goes so far as to inform strangers when they have it. Nice. And not at all awkward.

I digress. The zoo was really fun and it was a really nice day. Then I ate too much tex-mex while Jillian ignored her food, and went home for naps. This was after Jillian wanted a huge bag of popcorn, which I bought her, and she carried around the zoo like a stuffed animal (see picture). All in all a good day.



Above is a picture of some fools in a play boat at the zoo. And one of the two jokers who were afraid of the bats and thus played in the praire dog tunnels while the rest of us watched the bats eat a fruit buffet and chatted up the slightly odd zoo employee in charge of it all.

1 comment:

Megan Dempsey said...

That popcorn looks good but the prairie dog picture is even better! I love the look of sincere curiosity on J's face. So cute! I miss that little one!