Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You're It

I think I have been tagged by St. Scobie (see link to the right, I have no idea how to make words into links and just can't let blogger win again), to tell "5 random things about myself."

1. I have never kept a calendar. I don't write down appointments, meetings, or events. Ever. So I never have to "check my calendar." Oh and no one keeps it for me.
2. I don't use conditioner and a rarely brush my hair. Is that gross? I mean I wash it, I just don't go the extra mile. My law school roommates can vouch for my lack of a thorough hair care routine. So can M, as she discovered, much to her dismay while visiting, that I don't even own conditioner. I do own a brush, I just don't really use it.
3. I don't like many things that other people like, such as The English Patient, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by David Eggers, Knocked Up, the second half of The 40 Year Old Virgin, pesto . . .
4. I have learned that I like to sleep alone. Perhaps I am just used to it? MSTBX used to yell at me all the time about being an annoying sleeper, especially when I was pregnant. I had really bad sciatica (basically a pain in your hip) while pregnant so it would take me a while to get comfortable. He would constantly wake me up to tell me how annoying I was and then stomp off to sleep on the couch. It always made me feel like crap. Maybe that is why I like sleeping alone. Or maybe I just need to find someone better (I guess that is a given).
5. Sometimes, after I take the laundry out of the dryer, I sit under it while it is all warm. Like I pile it all up on me because it is all warm and toasty. Totally weird.

I will have more pictures soon. Promise.

7 comments:

Bizarley said...

other random facts:

You can't stand "in line" - you only stand "on line"

You do not believe in the merits of the "Anaconda Diet"

You like Soul Decision.

mu-galto said...

These are all true.

Some random things about nkwon

She gets very jealous when others get free return address labels from places like the ASPCA or March of Dimes.

She hates baked goods.

She thinks that when people are mad at her they cut her hair in her sleep.

Megan Dempsey said...

The conditioner thing totally caught me off guard, I'll admit. I can't believe it had never come up in our ten years of friendship. I can't believe your hair isn't conditioned because you have amazing, conditioner-commercial worthy hair.

Other random things about you are that you prefer sugar with a dash of coffee and that you once had a date do the chicken-dance on a stage in front of all your friends.

When you were pregant you were only interested in eating apples, cheese with crackers and cupcakes. Odd selection...

I only say "on line" as well. It's a Northeast thing. I also say sneakers NOT tennis shoes.

Andrea said...

I say "on accident" instead of "by accident". Is that an East Coast thing, or a brain fart?

mu-galto said...

Random Facts about cutehead24 (aka "M")

- despite being an English major and having a large vocabulary, she stinks at scrabble.
- she once puked in a garbage can in Times Square after drinking "shark bowls" with me at Zoo bar in NYC.
- she will always be there with cupcakes when you find out your husband is cheating on you.

Some random things about Andrea
- she will let you do somersaults in her house dangerously close to her tv and stereo.
- she has attended a Rattlesnake Rodeo.
- she will come into town for lunch and hold your 7 week old baby so you get to actually eat a full meal for the first time in weeks.

EMC2 said...

Let us not forget:

When Prince sings "Little Red Corvette", you hear "Miracle Baby".

Because you read alot, you pronounce "pint" as "pin - t" not "pine - t". A pronunciation too logical for the spoken English word.

You like olives with a splash of Martini.

With zero experience, you are a sharpshooter with top-secret-government-sniper level skills.

mu-galto said...

Liz, you are correct on all fronts. Here are some random facts about Liz:

- she can write an entire thesis in less than a week while drinking red wine.
- she always finishes the last bite of her cereal with the last bit of milk, in an exact cereal:milk ratio.
- she will babysit on a moment's notice when you have to stay at work late fixing your own mistake.